Receiving calls from pharmacies about drugs that are not covered on your patients' formularies isn't just time consuming; it can delay your patients' treatment. You can reduce this delay with the Epocrates formulary tool, which will tell you exactly which medications are covered by insurance.
- Go to www.epocrates.com on your computer.
- Click on "My Account" in the top right. (See figure 1)
- Sign in with your Epocrates username and password, if needed.
- Click on "Edit Formularies" in the middle "Account" banner. (See figure 2)
- Follow the on screen instructions to select and download formularies or to remove formularies. Click the "Done" button when you've finished.
- Update your mobile software, by swiping to the left from your Epocrates main menu, and the formularies on your mobile device will be changed accordingly.
- Select your patient's drug formulary by touching the "Formulary" box. (See figure 1)
- Select "Alternatives" (See figure 1)
- Make a "Subclass" selection if prompted.
- To the right of each drug listed, it will display an abbreviation indicating the level of coverage on your selected formulary. (See figure 2)