Access Formularies Online
- Go to the Epocrates website – www.epocrates.com .
- Click "Epocrates Online."
- Sign in if you are not already signed in (you must sign in to access formularies).
- Click on the DRUGS tab, click on the formulary drop-down, and select "[+] Add Formulary."
- Select your State and a formulary category (e.g., Health Plans).
To add Medicare Part D formularies: Select either the "Medicare Part D - PDP" category (Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug Program (MA-PD) formularies) or "Medicare Part D - MA" category (Medicare Advantage formularies).
- View "Available Formularies."
- Click on a formulary and click "Add" to add it to your formulary profile.
- After creating your formulary list, select a formulary from the formulary drop-down.
If you are in a drug monograph, the status code for that formulary will appear at the top of the page (e.g., 3PA), and you can click on it to view the explanation of the formulary code as well as any detailed information provided by the payer. Click "View Alternatives" for a list for alternative treatments in the same therapeutic class, sorted by formulary status. Mouse over a code next to a drug to view the insurance information.
If you are viewing a list of drugs by class, the drugs in a category will be sorted by formulary status. Mouse over a code next to a drug to view the insurance information.
TIP: If a code is bolded, important prescribing information is available.